During the Kanwar Yatra in Mhow of Indore district on Monday, one Kanwariya died, while three got injured due to electrocution. Dancing to the tune of DJ, the hand of a kanwariya was touched by a power line of 11 thousand kilowatts, due to which the current spread in the vehicle.
Some kanwariyas fell on the roof of the vehicle due to electrocution. The incident is of Simrol police station area.
Simrol TI RS Bhadauria said that the accident happened at around 1 pm. At that time the Kanwariyas were doing dance competition among themselves. As soon as the current started, the youth started falling. A young man Raunak died on the spot. Shiva, Lokesh and Atul get scorched. Shiv was referred to MY Hospital, Indore. Lokesh and Atul are being treated in Mhow.
Here, SP (Rural) Bhagwat Singh Virde said that the seriously injured youths are undergoing treatment. At the same time, a case of negligence will also be registered against the DJ operators.
Eyewitness said – suddenly the children started falling
Witness Rakesh Shivram, who was present here, told that during the Kanwar Yatra, 2 DJs were standing nearby and playing songs in loud voice. Everyone was jumping in fun. Suddenly after a while the children climbing on the DJ started falling. Before anyone could understand anything, he was electrocuted. Everyone got scared and started running here and there. At the same time, both the DJ’s also ran away with the vehicles.
it seriously injured
– Lokesh (21) father Ramnarayan Kohli, resident of Karaundia.
– Atul (24) father Moolchand Kohli, resident Karaundia.
– Shiva (20), resident of Bagoda.
Were coming back with water from Omkareshwar
Before the accident in village Memdi of Simrol, all the Kanwar Yatris had stayed near the pond on Sunday night for a day before. This Kanwar Yatra was going from Omkareshwar to village Bagoda of Simrol area with water. This was the fourth year of Kanwar. Fee is also charged from Kanwar passengers.
A similar incident happened in West Bengal last week too.
In West Bengal’s Cooch Behar, 10 kanwariyas were killed, while 16 were badly burnt due to electrocution in a pickup on Monday. The accident took place on Dharla Bridge of Mekhaliganj police station area. 27 Kanwariyas were going to offer water to the Shiva temple of Jalpesh sitting on the pickup. The DJ was playing behind the pickup. Due to a short circuit in the generator wire, the current reached the pickup. Kanwariyas had come in its grip